(U8) Small Sided Soccer
Schedule and Season Info
The season will begin this Saturday, September 14th at Coppens Field/Chandler School and last 7 weeks with a planned end date of November 2nd . There will be no session on Columbus Day Weekend. A single session rained-out will not be rescheduled. The U8 Boys/Girls will play from 10:30am - 11:30am.
Session Dates: (7 Session Season - Saturdays 9/14 - 11/2)
Session 1 - Saturday September 14th
Session 2 - Saturday September 14th
Session 3 - Saturday September 14th
Session 4 - Saturday October 5th
***No Session Columbus Day Weekend***
Session 5 - Saturday October 5th
Session 6 - Saturday October 5th
Session 7 - Saturday October 5th
A single rained-out session will not be rescheduled. Only in the event that 2 or more sessions are cancelled will a make-up session be scheduled.
- Saturdays 10:30am - 11:30am
- All sessions played at Coppens Field Complex at Chandler School.
- Each field is numbered (with a sign).
- Your team number is your field number, you should be at your field a few minutes prior to your session.
- All players are required to wear shin pads fully covered by socks.
- Cleats are optional, although recommended. Double knots, please!
- Bring a full, reusable water bottle with player name on it.
- For player safety, jewelry of any kind (including earrings) is prohibited.
- For player safety, casts of any kind (plaster, fiberglass, etc.) are prohibited.
- If a session must be canceled due to inclement weather, the league will post the cancellation on the DYSA website.
*** Important Notes For Parents ***
- Do not "drop off" children. Youngsters often look for parents, and there are frequent water breaks where players are instructed to go to parents. Coaches cannot directly supervise all children at all times. Please enjoy watching your child for the entire hour!
- Frisbees, Lacrosse, baseball, and football activities are not allowed within soccer field complex. Please take advantage of the baseball field area to keep our young players safe from inadvertent injury due to non-soccer activity and equipment.
- No Dogs –DYSA has a no dog policy, please leave your pet at home!
- Please bring a full, reusable water bottle with player name on it. Help keep our fields clean!